Sunday, February 19, 2017

#SustainableSunday... re-purposed from head to toe...


Ichcha Grenada scarf, Lazuli Handcrafted dipped beryl necklace, Jessica Ricci Jewelry Buddha amulet ring, Paisley & Sparrow Soresa earrings, tie dye tank, harem pants, re-purposed clothing, sustainable outfit, ethical fashion, eco-fashion

Ladies and gents, it is #SustainableSunday again and this week, I am SO proud to share this outfit.  

"Why?" you ask.  

Because, I kid you not, I made these pants out of an old fitted sheet. Yes, friends, from sophomore-senior year of college, I slept on these organic bamboo trousers... errr... bedsheets.  The elastic got all stretched out, so I cut it off and stockpiled the remaining fabric for years and in an effort to clean out my stash (thanks, minimalism), I decided that I'd rather have a new pair of comfy pants than a heap of fabric.  
And that's not the only re-purposed part of this outfit.  The tank top was my mum's and used to be white.  I spilled something on the front of it and the stain drove me nuts, so I had some fun with a bit of fabric dye and voila!  This shirt was given a new lease on life!  

Do you ever re-purpose items in your wardrobe?  What's been your favourite DIY outfit project? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tank top is second-hand and was dyed to extend it's life
: the trousers were made from an old bedsheets
: the scarf is handmade and fair trade
: the earrings are handmade and fair trade
: the necklace is handmade
: the ring is handmade






SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! You did a grest job! Trouser pattern please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the amazing pants!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete